Connections transportation services are available on a first-come, first-served basis to the public in Chautauqua, Cowley, Elk, Montgomery and Wilson counties. You may request a ride by calling the Connections office at (620) 332-1976, 48 hours in advance of your requested transportation time. A parent or guardian must accompany children under 17.
The Connections office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for scheduling. Rides may be available outside of regular office hours, but must be scheduled by calling during regular office hours. When the office is closed, ride cancellations may be left on the Connections message system at (620) 332-1976.
If you need a routine/recurring ride on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly) to the same destination, you may choose to setup a “subscription ride” arrangement. Please note, Connections is a limited resource and transportation assistance cannot always be guaranteed.
Connections will schedule trips placing as many passengers as possible together when traveling in the same direction or to the same destination.
It’s important to know:
1. Connections’ services are based upon coordination of transportation for multiple passengers, and therefore you should not expect individual trips, even upon request.
2. You may be requested to take a route that does not go directly to your destination in order to accommodate other passengers.
3. If you need to cancel your scheduled ride, you must do so at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled pickup. Cancellations should be made by contacting the Connections office, and if you call after office hours, be sure to leave a message regarding your cancellation. Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment will be considered a no show and may be cause for suspension of service.
4. The general public transportation rates are $2 pickup charge and 20c per mile. Charges for scheduled trips will be communicated at the time of scheduling transportation service. Payment is expected at time of service. Transportation will not be provided if payment is not received.
5. Discount “punch cards” can be purchased through the scheduling office. A $30 value punch card can be purchased for $25. Punch card miles are calculated to the nearest dollar amount.