Mental Health &
Psychiatric Services

How do I get in for services?

Walk-in appointments are the quickest way to get started with Four County Mental Health services. We utilize a walk-in clinic style allowing you to come in, complete paperwork (takes about 20 minutes) and see a therapist that day. Walk-in appointments are available in Independence, Coffeyville and Cowley.

What should I expect on my first appointment?

You should arrive for your first appointment 20 to 30 minutes prior to the start time. Upon arrival, you will check in with the front desk receptionist, and an Intake Specialist will complete paperwork with you. The first appointment is about an hour long, during which the therapist will discuss why you are seeking mental health services and what your treatment goals are.

How do I get started?

Visit our Document Center to complete our initial paperwork prior to your first visit. Please bring Proof of Residency, Proof of Insurance and Proof of Income (in order to apply for reduced fees). Examples of Proof of Income and Residency include:

  • Proof of Residency – document showing your current address such as Driver’s License, State I.D., utility bill, phone bill, etc.
  • Proof of Household Income – paycheck stubs, previous year’s income tax return, etc.

How do I pay for services?

Anyone is eligible to receive services through Four County. Private fees are set by the Board of Directors. You may be eligible for a discounted fee based on your family’s income and the number of family members dependent on that income. Medicare, Medicaid and most health insurances are accepted.

If you reside outside the counties served (Chautauqua, Cowley, Elk, Montgomery and Wilson counties), you are not eligible to receive discounted fees.

Specialized programs at Four County may have defined criteria for acceptance into the program.

Discounted Service Program

Programa de Servicio con Descuento

Employee Assistance (EAP)

The EAP program includes mental health, alcohol/drug counseling and evaluation services for employees of a contracting business or industry and consultation services to the business or industry. Your Human Resource department can inform you if your company has an Employee Assistance Program and how to access services.