- This event has passed.
Parent Leadership Month
February 1 - February 28
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on day 1 of February, repeating indefinitely
We invite you to come up with activities or participate in activities to recognize, honor, and celebrate parents for their leadership roles in their homes and communities. National Parent Leadership Month® highlights the many opportunities available for parents, staff, policymakers, and other community members to engage in partnerships with the goal of building and supporting strong, safe families. Goals of Parent Leadership are:
- Raise public awareness about the important roles parents play in shaping the lives of children and families.
- Inspire parents to become leaders in their homes and in their communities.
- Providing opportunities for parents to demonstrate parent leadership
- Publicize and expand opportunities for parent leaders to participate in meaningful parent leadership activities at the local, state, and national levels.
- Recognize individual contributions that made a positive difference to families and communities.
- Build successful partnerships between parents, families, and communities in sharing responsibility, expertise and leadership in decisions being made that affect children.