About Us Career Opportunities Document Center Facilities and Hours of  Operati Services Prevention & Outreach

     Four County Mental Health center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive pay, superior benefits including KPERS retirement, a generous annual educational stipend and a professional work environment that supports employee growth.
     Southeast Kansas offers a rich quality of life for employees and their families, yet is close to Wichita, KS, Tulsa, OK and Joplin, MO.
    Our employees improve the quality of life for our patients while earning a living and supporting the communities in the four counties we serve.  Come be a part of our family!


Come Grow with Us!
Check Four County’s Career Opportunities!


Qualified applicants can direct resumes to
Blair Millemon, Recruiting & Orientation Specialist
Four County Mental Health Center,
P.O. Box 688, Independence, KS 67301
or email hr@fourcounty.com

Employment Application
Click here for further information regarding qualifications and position descriptions.
Four County offices and locations.




Arkansas City, Kansas
Arkansas City, Kansas

Caney, Kansas
Caney, Kansas

Cherryvale, Kansas
Cherryvale Chamber of Commerce

Coffeyville, Kansas
Chamber of Commerce

Fredonia, Kansas
Fredonia Chamber of Commerce

Independence, Kansas
Chamber of Commerce

Neodesha, Kansas
Neodesha Chamber of Commerce

Sedan, Kansas
Sedan, Kansas

Winfield, Kansas
Winfield, Kansas

  • Billing Support Staff (Cowley or Independence)- Full-Time opening. Selected applicant will work alongside teammates within the billing department, conducting all billing operations involving Medicaid, Medicare, third-party payers, collections, and follow-up. Ability to work as part of a team as well as excellent computer and mathematical skills are required. The minimum educational requirement consists of a High School Diploma or GED and one year’s experience working in the following areas: A/R, collections, related 10 key work, or data entry.
  • Operations Coordinator – (Cowley) – Full-time opening.  Selected applicant will provide administrative oversight and support to members of the reception, medical records and billing teams. Position will also consist of proactive management of processes surrounding patient scheduling, insurance coverage, and required authorizations to facilitate maximum reimbursement from payer sources.  Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must. Bachelor's degree in business or related subject, or five years of experience supervising others in a clerical setting, or a combination of education and experience to the equivalent of five years is required.

  • Retired Seniors Volunteer Program (RSVP) Assistant – (Independence) – Part-time opening.  Provides reception and clerical support for the program, including correspondence, data collection, data entry, assistance with grant reports, copying, mailing and marketing program materials.  High school diploma or GED required.

Community Based Services  - Children
  • Case Manager (CPST) – (Cowley Branch) – Full-time opening.  The CPST Case Manager works with children diagnosed as Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) and must be able to develop a therapeutic rapport with diverse individuals of the targeted population.  Must be able to assess and function in a strengths based model of care, and be able to link patients with resources, coordinate appropriate treatment and provide documentation for the clinical record.   Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the Human Services Field required.

  • After-School Program Aide -  (Independence, Coffeyville, Neodesha and Cherryvale) Multiple part-time openings.  Work within a group setting with school-aged children helping teach them life skills and problem solving.  Must have the ability to work with persons with severe and persistent mental illness. High School Diploma or GED required.

  • Attendant Care Worker – (Cowley) (2) Part-time openings.  This position provides one-on-one support and supervision to clients and families in home and community settings using the strengths-based model of care.  Good communication and teamwork skills are required, as this position often coordinates with other treatment providers in the agency who also provide services to these same patients.  High School diploma or GED required.

  • Parent Support Specialist – (Independence) Full-time opening.  Specialist will develop and maintain parent support groups, provide parent focus groups as needed, initiate contact with parents, participate in agency and interagency meetings, providing the parent voice, stating parental concerns.  Involvement in parental issues and staying current on these issues on a local, state and federal level, a must.  Act as a change agent representing parental issues within our agency and with other agencies.   Applicant must be/have benn a parent of an S.E.D. child.  Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field, or equivalent qualifications of work experience or a combination of education and work experience.

  • PRN Children's Respite Workers for Kids Konnections Program - (Cowley)  (6) Part-time/PRN openings.  Children's Respite Workers are needed to work one-on-one in a home-like setting with children 3 to 18 years old. Considered applicants must be at least 21 years old.  GED or high school diploma and at least two years of paid experience in the Human Services Field or two years of college course work in the field of human services. Also acceptable is  a combination of both paid Human Services experience and college course work in the Human Services field to the equivalent of two years.

Community Support Services- Adults

  • Attendant Care  - Supported Living – (Independence)  Full-time opening.  This position works within a housing setting with persons with severe and persistent mental illness to assist them with daily living skills and with general supervision and assistance.  Education required is high school diploma or GED.

  • Peer Support Specialist – (Independence)  Part-time opening.  MUST BE a recovering mental health patient. Help develop a network of information and support from others who have been through similar experiences to patients with severe and persistent mental illnesses.  Requires a high school diploma/GED and meet the State of Kansas qualification for Certified Peer Specialist by completing the CAP program or complete a 5 day training by WSU.

  • Attendant Care Worker – (Independence)  Part-time opening.  This position provides one-on-one support and supervision to clients and families in home and community settings using the strengths-based model of care. High School diploma or GED required.

Clinical Services
  • Clinical Services Attendant Care Coordinator – (Independence) -  Full-time opening.  Responsibilities include oversight of a specified program as well as provision of direct treatment services.  Coordinator will adhere to the ethical code established by the organization governing his/her profession and professional standards outlined in the Personnel Policies and Procedure Manual of Four County Mental Health Center.  Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.  Credentials as both a QMHP and Alcohol Drug Counselor are preferred, but not required.  Experience in a combined substance abuse and mental health treatment system is required.

  • Outpatient Therapist / A&D Counselor – (Independence)  Full-time opening. The therapist is responsible for providing mental health treatment services and providing consultation services to individuals and organizations in the community. Requires a minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited institution which provides graduate training in social work, psychology, or marriage and family therapy.  Potential applicants must be licensed or immediately eligible for licensure as an LMSW, LSCSW, LMFT, LCMFT, LMLP, LCP, LPC, or LCPC in the State of Kansas.  For the A&D Counselor, an LAC or LCAC is required.  A combination therapist/A&D Counselor is preferred.

Crisis Services
  • Crisis On-Call Therapist(Independence) -  Full-time opening.  The Crisis on-call therapist will deliver comprehensive emergency services including providing consultations, intakes and emergency individual appointments, screenings, and developing and overseeing crisis intervention and hospital diversion plans.  Must be licensed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as defined by the State of Kansas (LMLP, LMSW, MSN, etc.). Two years of clinical experience in outpatient mental health services with one year experience in crisis work preferred.

  • Crisis Services “Standby” Attendant Care – (Independence) (2) Part-time openings. This position works directly with our patients in the roles of observation and transportation.  Crisis Standby Attendant Care should demonstrate interpersonal skills, have the ability to work with persons with mental and/or physical impairments, and possess the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.  Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a High School Diploma or GED.

Medical Services
  • Nurse (RN) – (Independence) (2) Full-time openings.  RN’s will work within an “integrated care” setting.  Primary care experience preferred.  Applicants should have successful completion of accredited RN nursing school program and be currently registered in the State of Kansas. 

Health Home Integrated Care Services
  • Targeted Case Manager (TCM) -  (Coffeyville and Independence) – (2) Full-time openings.  Will provide medically necessary Targeted Case Management (TCM) services to patients with severe and persistent mental illness with the goal of enhancing independent functioning through which the patient is integrated into or maintained within the community so that institutionalization is not as likely.  Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the Human Services field required.

Connections - Transportation Services

  • Transportation "Connections" Driver- - (Independence-3 openings; Cowley-2 openings) Part-time openings for drivers to transport people throughout the local communities. Must be 21 years of age or older with good driving history. Must have the ability to work with elderly and disabled persons and possess the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.  High School Diploma or GED required

Active Partners - In Home Services & Home Health

  • Home Health Aide (HHA)/Certified Nurse Aide (CNA): (Multiple Areas) Part-time positions.  Will work with individuals in need of home health services.  Must be 18 years of age or older; possess demonstrated interpersonal skills; have effective verbal and written communication skills; have the ability to work with elderly and disabled persons; possess the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations; and pass pre-employment screens. Must be able to work independently and as a productive member of a team.  Must have a High School Diploma or GED and have current State of Kansas certification for Home Health Aide.


Facilities and Hours of  Operation
Independence Main - 3751 W. Main, PO Box 688, Independence, KS  67301(620) 331-1748
Coffeyville - 1601 W. 4th, Coffeyville, KS  67337
(620) 251-8180
Cowley - Strother Field 22214 "D" Street, Winfield, KS  67156 (620) 221-9664 or (620) 442-4540